Google+ has both profiles and pages. Profiles are for people, but pages are for businesses, brands, ideas, themes, you name it!
Pages have certain limitations. You have to set up a personal profile first before you can create a page. Pages can not use apps in Google+ Hangouts. Also, pages are not allowed to follow users unless those users follow the page first. The last bit is to encourage businesses to interact first on a personal level and to discourage brands from spamming.
If you’ve been thinking about setting up a Page on Google+, here’s just the guide to show you how!
For more tips and tricks, visit the “Are You Commoogling?” video series page.
- Difference between a Profile and a Page
- How to choose a Page category
- Adding an image and cover picture
- Adding your details
- How to edit the name of the Page
- Recap on the need to choose the right category
- Linking your email address and your website
- How to add a manager and transfer ownership